HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
By participating in a course with MADteatteri, you acknowledge that you are subject to the following health and safety measures, and that you are responsible for your own conduct whilst participating in the class.
These terms are in place to protect the safety of the students, tutors and venue staff who are present at MADteatteri courses. If you do not comply with these rules, MADteatteri reserves the right to remove you from the class.
1. Participation in MADteatteri lessons is voluntary;
2. To observe the general norms for the use of premises; Activities that are not directly related to the upbringing and learning process are not allowed in the classrooms.
3. The participant must not be under the influence of intoxicating substances (alcohol, drugs, any substance that changes consciousness) during the classes or performances;
4. Each student is responsible for his or her own health condition. Student has the right to evaluate which learning processes/exercises/ tasks he or she wants to participate in and which not;
5. Students are obligated to warn in time (at least two weeks before) about the student’s withdrawal from the group;
6. If the student has not attended rehearsals during the preparation of performances and the tutor considers that the student is not prepared for participation in the show/performance, the tutor has the right to exclude the student from participation in the show/performance;
7. By being in the classes, students agrees that during the classes/performances he or she may be filmed and/or photographed and the image or video footage with him may be used for commercial purposes, incl. for advertising purposes free of charge and without the application of copyright.
8. You may be expected to take part in some physical activities:
Follow your tutor’s guidance on how to safely take part in these activities.
Go at your own pace. Talk to our tutors if you feel unsure about any aspect of what you need to do.
Take care not to harm any other people in the class.
Notify your tutor of any injury or if you are pregnant, and comply with any specific instructions your instructor may give you.
Any equipment used in your classes must only be used for their intended purpose.
If at any time you feel you need to take a break inside or outside of class you are welcome to do so.
9. In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by MADteatteri, you assume responsibility for any personal injury suffered by you when attending a MADteatteri class.
10. At MADteatteri we operate with a zero tolerance to drugs, alcohol and abusive behaviour towards our tutors or your fellow students. We reserve the right to remove you from the class if you are in breach of these terms of conduct. Tutors have the right to turn away any student that represents a threat to their and/or their students’ safety. This includes inappropriate conduct of a verbal or non-verbal nature.
11. MADteatteri is committed to providing experiences in which our tutors and students can work and learn without any level of harassment or victimisation on the grounds of appearance, age, disability, gender, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Personal harassment takes many forms, ranging from subtle verbal comments to threatening behaviour and physical abuse. We take extremely seriously, and consider entirely unacceptable, any abusive behaviour or harassment.
12. MADteatteri reserves the right to terminate any activity if your tutor feels that you are a danger to yourself or anyone else. If a person is asked to leave because of their behaviour, no refund will be due for any activity that is missed as a result.